The Hybrid Shop® offers a full range of battery conditioning and replacement services for your hybrid vehicle needs.
Here are descriptions of some of the battery services available at The Hybrid Shop® for the nickel-metal hydride (NiMH ) batteries that are found in HEVs.
Hybrid Battery Replacement with New Battery – Hybrid Shop technicians can replace a complete battery pack with a new one. The battery pack is removed and replaced with new battery modules, contactors/relays, current sensor, pre-charge system, battery controller, bus bars, temperature sensors, air temperature sensors and a new battery carrier (mounting) system. Putting a new battery into a hybrid vehicle is not only the most expensive option to consider, but it is also the most harmful to the environment because the old battery goes into the waste stream. The Hybrid Shop highly recommends its battery conditioning service as a cost-effective, environmentally-friendly alternative.
Hybrid Battery Replacement with Used Battery – Hybrid Shop technicians can replace original hybrid batteries with used batteries that contain no new components. For peace of mind, however, we recommend our Power test and Energy test to analyze any battery’s complete State-of-Health and to determine if maintenance or repairs need to be done. Vehicle owners may then have the option to purchase individual battery modules or components if necessary.
Hybrid Battery Replacement with Rebuilt Battery – Rebuilt batteries contain replacement parts which may or may not have been tested or conditioned prior to being placed into service. The Hybrid Shop suggests that anyone choosing this option has the battery undergo thorough diagnostic testing. The Hybrid Shop’s SOH report can inform a consumer about the status of a rebuilt battery and offer recommendations for maintenance or repair as necessary.
Hybrid Repair & Maintenance Services on All Makes & Models. ASE Certified and Master Technicians.
To keep your vehicle operating at peak performance and fuel efficiency, all of its systems need to be in good working order and in balance with each other. Outside of the electric power components, HEVs and EVs contain the same systems as traditional combustion engines – from brakes and tires to heating and cooling – and if one part is stressed, other systems suffer.
That’s why The Hybrid Shop® offers complete maintenance and repair services for the whole vehicle. Below is a sampling of some of the services offered by our dealer partners.
- Complete computer diagnostic test. Our cutting-edge technology ensures fast and accurate diagnosis of issues.
- Battery power & energy test. Your battery will be removed. Testing includes one conditioning sequence and provides a documented, baseline report of performance and predictive data to plan for upcoming services.
- Electrical systems inspection. Every element of the system is carefully inspected to identify existing and potential future abnormalities.
- Wire and cable check. Technicians thoroughly inspect all cable sheaths and wires for cuts and tears.
- Tire analysis. Tires are inspected for proper pressure and potential wear patterns. We also review your tire type to ensure you have the best, low-rolling resistance tire for maximum efficiency.
- Complete vehicle inspection. We look at every system – from conventional to hybrid-specific – and let you know what needs attention now and what may need attention down the road.
- Air Conditioning service